The Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management (BS HM) is a four-year degree program that covers the process of planning, development, human resource management of the different aspects of the hotel, restaurant, and resorts operations. The program also intends to teach entrepreneurship skills.
Furthermore, this program aims to provide an in -depth knowledge and skills about food and beverage service, along with fundamental concepts in finance, marketing and staff management. Students will learn to create and oversee high- quality guest experiences, including sporting events, conferences and five-star hotels.
To produce hospitality and tourism professionals with competencies that are needed to execute operational tasks and management functions in food production, accommodation, food and beverage service, tourism planning and product development, events planning, transportation services, travel and tour operations and other emerging sectors of hospitality and tourism industry.
A graduate of BS Hospitality Management should be able to:
- Produce food products and services complying with enterprise standards
- Apply management skills in Food and Beverage service and operations
- Perform and provide full guest cycle services for front office
- Perform and maintain various housekeeping services for guest and facility operations
- Plan and implement a risk management program to provide a safe and secure workplace
- Provide food and beverage service and manage the operation seamlessly based on industry standards.
- Demonstrate knowledge of tourism industry, local tourism products and services.
- Interpret and apply relevant laws related to tourism industry
- Observe and perform risk mitigation activities
- Utilize information technology applications for tourism and hospitality
- Manage and market-a service-oriented business organization
- Demonstrate administrative and managerial skills in a service-oriented business organization
- Prepare and monitory industry specific financial transactions and reports
- Perform human capital development functions of a tourism oriented organization
- Utilize various communication channels proficiently in dealing with guests and colleagues
Students meeting all the requirements for one year will be given a Certificate in Hospitality Management Program; for two year completion, the students will receive an Associate in Hospitality Management Program and upon completion of the three year program, the students will be granted a Diploma in Hospitality Management. Additional certification will be given each course when students pass the national skill certification given by the government.
FIRST YEAR – Certificate in Food Service
Assistant Waiter, Waiter (Chef de Rang/Demi Chef de Rang), Hot Kitchen Assistant Cook, QSR Counter Personnel, Receptionist, Encoder
SECOND YEAR – Associate in Hospitality Management
Waiter, Hot Kitchen Cook, Bar Porter, Baker Helper, Storeroom Staff, Housekeeping Staff, Floral Arranger, Laundry and Linen Attendant, Cabin Crew, Menu Planner
THIRD YEAR – Diploma in Hospitality Management
Assistant Chef, Patissier, Entrepreneurs, Wine Waiter, Barista/Bartender, Front Office Agent, Reservation Clerk, Cost Controller, Room Attendant, Purchaser, Controller ,Reservations Assistant, PBX Operator, Valet, Concierge, Landscape Assistant, Front Office Clerk
FOURTH YEAR – Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management
Events Organizer, Entrepreneur, Facilities Designer, Instructor, Restaurant Supervisor/Manager, Shift Manager, Management Trainee, Bar Supervisor/Manager, Cruise Line Personnel, Flight Attendant, Hotelier, Researcher, Product Developer