The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) is designed to produce graduates that possess a deep familiarity of business operations and equip them with critical decision making skills for strategic and executive work necessary for competing in the ever-changing world of global business.
The program empowers students with a basic and clear understanding of the functions of every division in a company, be it in marketing, finance, operations, human resources, and office management. Training in this program emphasizes leadership skills, and thus prepares them in your managerial and supervisory positions.
Graduates will become successful in their respective fields, whether in marketing management or operations management, and engage in different types of employment and entrepreneurial activities and become an ideal citizen of the municipality putting God at the center of their lives.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
The Bachelor Science in Business Administration is a four-year degree program that aims to develop competitive entrepreneurs and business people to make positive contributions to the community.
MAJOR IN BUSINESS ECONOMICS
- To produce economists who will use their competence and skills in contributing to the formulation of solution to remedy the economic problems.
- To educate the students with fundamental principles of economics and to help them apply economic theory in practice in the light of today’s economic condition, issues, and problems.
- To enhance the learning process by fusing new economic trends in the curriculum especially with the advent of trade liberalization and globalization.
- To enhance the research capabilities of the students through the conduct of thesis defense, feasibility studies, economic case analysis, among others
- To maintain linkages with relevant government agencies such as the Department of Trade and Industry, NEDA, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, and other professional organizations.
- To harness their leadership skills through extra-curricular activities anchored on activities of the Economics Society student organization.
- To inculcate in them the patriotism, honesty, integrity, social responsibility, and other positive virtues.
- Practice business economics as a discipline within community accepted standards.
- Engage in lifelong learning activities such as pursuing graduate studies or participating in various skills enhancement training and workshops.
- Engage in professional/consultancy services such as: membership in a professional organization and conducting community service.
- Exhibit leadership in business economics and other community endeavors.
- Acquire knowledge on how functional areas of business administration examine the business environment where the firm operates as it provides the background for managerial decision making.
- Understand how economic theory provides the analytical framework for optimal decision making.
- Understand how decision science provides the tool for optimization and for the estimation of economic relationships.
- Develop a global view into managerial economics to reflect the internalization of production and distribution in today’s world.
- Can ably provide information to consumers and other stakeholders on product and market behavior relevant to current economic trends.
- Can provide a better economic judgment on various market events and challenges.
- Relate unemployment and inflation concepts to local national settings through research on the country’s unemployment and inflationary conditions.
- To get a clearer perspective of the country’s economic growth.
- Can acquire and exhibit functional knowledge, values, attitudes, habits, and skills to cope with changing economic realities in the world.
- Manifest critical thinking and sound economic decisions based on classroom acquired knowledge.
- Demonstrate appreciation of the importance of economics by way of actively participating in problem solving and other related activities.
- Develop appreciation towards economics as it applies to present day circumstances.
- Understand international problems and policies on economic development as it relates to the national setting.
- Understand planning models for economic development and identify those that best apply to the country’s economic development requirements.
MAJOR IN FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
BSBA – Major in Financial Management is a four-year program recommended for student who plan to pursue a career in banking and finance industry. The program aims to help students acquire analytical skills, perception, and competencies necessary for sound financial decision in business world. It focuses on financial analysis, economics, investment strategies, management systems, banking, and commercial planning.
To mold students to be well-rounded graduate professionals who will be competent, morally upright and socially responsible in the wide array of careers in finance and help provide a sound basis for financial decision making to various clientele in a dynamic domestic and globalized business environment.
The graduates have the ability to:
- Articulate and adapt to the latest development in the field of financial management.
- Analyze the business environment for strategic direction
- Prepare operational and financial plans
- Innovate business ideas based on emerging developments in the industry of finance.
- Manage a strategic business unit for economic sustainability
- Apply both basic knowledge and practical skills that are relevant in the field of finance
Produce graduates that should be able to:
- Discuss the concept, principles and theories of financial management and international financial system.
- Perform basic book keeping and accounting of financial transactions in compliance with generally accepted accounting and reporting standards (both local and global) for sole proprietorships, partnerships corporations, government and not-for-profit organizations.
- Conduct business research and present findings and conclusions of the research study, and communicate effectively the recommendations
- Demonstrate corporate citizenship and social responsibility
- Apply financial analysis and business valuation techniques in evaluating investment opportunities
- Demonstrate technical and analytical skills necessary in business financial decision making, risk management, investment portfolio management and capital market
- Qualify for an entry level job or executive position in various general and specialized careers in financial management.
MAJOR IN MARKETING MANAGEMENT
BSBA – Major in Marketing Management is a four-year program designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills effective for marketing and sales strategies; how a company determines what product or service to sell, how customers and markets are delineated into target demographics and methods of teaching them.
It also focuses a strategic marketing issues that marketing managers assess before findings are presented to their executives. By learning to be an effective marketer and manager, you will learn to respond to the demands of competitors, the government and the larger issues. Among the concepts and theories that will be discussed are sales management, brand,, distribution, e-commerce, franchising, retailing, information technology and corporate social responsibility.
The Marketing Management program prepares the graduate for careers in marketing, market research, advertising and public relations. The curriculum provides the graduate with both technical skills and competencies required in the field, but also the flexible mindset that is necessary to stay competitive in a constantly changing business environment.
Career Opportunities – Marketing Management
- Management Trainee in Marketing
- Marketing Assistant
- Account Executive
- Merchandising Assistant
- PR/Advertising Assistant
- Service Crew
- Customer Service Agent Representative
- Junior Sales Trainer
- Product/Brand Assistant
- Order/Billing Assistant
To produce ethical, competent, and globally-oriented marketing professionals who are responsive in the demands of the changing times, and who will contribute to the country’s development.
The graduates have the ability to:
- Apply the essential foundation of Marketing along the areas of: management of product, price, distribution and promotion in relation or harmony with the other business disciplines, namely: finance, human resource management, operations and productions management, among others;
- Articulate and discuss the latest trends and developments in the field of marketing;
- Demonstrate skills in information and communications technology as required by the changes in marketing and business landscape.
- Plan, implement and evaluate business-related and marketing-specific activities;
- Exercise high personal and moral ethical standards in accordance with professional, social and ethical responsibilities; and
- Express oneself clearly and concisely and communicate effectively with stakeholders both in oral and written modality.
Produce graduates that should be able to:
- Prepare business and marketing academic papers which includes but is not limited to feasibility studies, new-product development and, marketing plan and research;
- Develop relevant and practical marketing strategies and solutions to business and marketing problems and concerns;
- Perform the marketing-related task in the workplace based on sound and accepted marketing theories and concepts in relation to other business functions;
- Assess business and marketing opportunities by analyzing customers, competitors, collaborators, and the strengths and weaknesses of an enterprise.
- Draw insights from the latest developments in the field of marketing locally and globally; and
- Communicate effectively marketing strategies, solutions, and campaigns.
MAJOR IN OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
The Operations Management program prepares students to manage the operations of manufacturing, agri-business, as well as service enterprises, focusing on the need to effectively and efficiently produce and deliver products and services on time and within budget. The program curriculum covers all aspects of operations within the organization, including the management of purchases, inventory, production and service quality, logistics, supply chain and distribution.
Career Opportunities – Operations Management
- Logistics Management Personnel
- Stock Personnel
- Management Trainee in Operations/Production
- Operations Management Assistant
- Technical Staff
- Warehouse Assistant
- Inventory Assistant
- Project Assistant