The BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN AGRIBUSINESS is a ladderized program that will train students manufacturing and distribution of farm supplies and other related products according to the country’s bio-physical, socio-cultural, political, economic and development needs.
The BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN AGRIBUSINESS equips students with fundamental production and management skills to enable them to successfully run an agri-business venture in response to both the social need for food security and the environmental imperative of adopting sustainable and ecologically sound farming practices and models. This will be achieved through a holistic approach characterized by a harmonious and balanced mix of lecture, student-enabling techniques/ activities, heavy laboratory activities and as well as carefully supervised processed trips to reputable and successful agribusiness institutions or operations.
The BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN AGRIBUSINESS program aims to accomplish the following graduate outcomes:
- Learning I – Demonstrate a commitment for the continuous pursuit of improved agricultural production systems.
- Learning II – Design effective government compliance and collaboration plan geared towards a system of mutual support and collaboration.
- Learning III – Assess market and economic sector needs in the context of improved agricultural productivity and sustainability towards national food security.
- Learning IV – Collaborate with economic sectors in designing wealth sharing arrangements contributing to agricultural manpower development for a peaceful, just and humane society
- Learning V – Participate in generating new knowledge through research and technological innovations in agricultural production aligned with the national development agenda.
- Learning VI – Demonstrate a flexible attitude in solving agricultural challenges and issues.
- Learning VII – Design production systems with environment protection components.