The Department of Education issues DepEd Memorandum No. 76, s. 2022 or the Instructions on Teacher Hiring for School Year 2022-2023.
In line with the opening of classes for School Year 2022-2023, the schools division offices (SDOs) are expected to ensure that all DepEd schools will have an adequate teacher workforce. Thus, this Memorandum shall provide guidelines in hiring teachers right for the job.
1. In preparation for the opening of classes for School Year (SY) 2022-2023, the schools division offices (SDOs) are expected to ensure that all DepEd schools will have an adequate teacher workforce.
2. In relation to this, the schools division superintendents (SDSs), as the appointing authority, shall appoint the right people for the right job at the right time, by strictly adhering to the principles of merit, fitness, competence, equal opportunity, transparency, and accountability. The recruitment, selection, and appointment (RSA) of new teachers shall be done judiciously and expeditiously. Thus, the SDOs shall observe the following:
a. Achieve 100% utilization rate in terms of filling-up of newly-created and existing teaching items by the end of August 2022 with the following considerations:
i. Strict observance of the prescribed RSA processes and parameters in accordance with the existing hiring guidelines; and
11. Coordination with the beneficiaries under special hiring arrangements by virtue of Republic Act (RA) Nos. 10612 and 7687 with the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) and Sa Pinas, Ikaw ang Ma’am/ Sir (SPIMS) Employment Program with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) to inform them of the schedule of demonstration teaching, interview, and the documentary requirements needed to be submitted.
b. SDOs shall be guided by the anticipated effectivity of the provisions of Part V(E) of DepEd Order No. 019, s. 2022 or The Department of Education Merit Selection Plan anchored on the Civil Service Commission Memorandum Circular (CSC MC) No. 014, s. 2018 otherwise known as the 2017 Omnibus Rules on Appointments and Other Human Resource Actions, Revised 2018.
c. Faithful to the Department’s commitment to merit-based hiring, teacher-applicants are advised that the selection and appointment of teachers in DepEd are strictly based on the criteria and parameters stipulated in the hiring guidelines. As a non-partisan organization, the Department may accept and acknowledge endorsements from any source/proponent; however, these endorsements shall not, in any way, be given extra points or credit in the selection process, nor shall guarantee priority in hiring. This is consistent with the equal opportunity principle that DepEd as an organization is committed to implement in order to select the most qualified candidates based on their qualifications and competence.
d. Further, the appointing authorities, Human Resource Merit Promotion and Selection Board (HRMPSB), and Human Resource Management Officers (HRMOs) shall uphold the MSP principles, as follows:
i. Put premium on merit, fitness, and competence of applicants to ensure that those who will be appointed have the necessar5r qualifications that match the competency requirements of the position to be filled in order to perform the duties and responsibilities efficiently and effectively;
ii. Remain accountable for the selection of employees in adherence to the basic principles stated herein, to explain, clarify, and justify human resource actions, disclose the results in a transparent manner, and be responsible for decision/s made;
iii. At all times, ensure that all relevant, reliable, and timely information on recruitment, selection, and placement be available to the public; and
iv. Strictly observe non-discrimination activities, to allow any applicant within or outside DepEd to apply for a position, regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, civil status, disability, religion, ethnicity, or political beliefs.
c. In the establishment of the Registry of Qualified Applicants (RQA) for SY 2022-2023, and as part of the Interim Strategies and Protocols Teacher Hiring for School Year (SY) 2022-2o23 ln view of the State of Public Health Emergency and Issuance of DepEd Merit Selection Plan, the SDOs shall implement the following:
i. In view of the one year validity of the RQA, the SDOs shall establish a new RQA for SY 2022-2023. Based on the usual teaching hiring process, the SDOs are allowed to commence the call for applications and undertake the recruitment and selection process in advance to establish the RQA for SY 2o22-2o23 in anticipation of the timely appointment and deployment of teachers to newly created items this year.
ii. To expedite the recruitment and selection process as well as to augment the number of applicants in light of the COVID19 situation, the SDOs that have yet to exhaust the SY 2021-2022 RQA may consider the remaining qualified applicants to be included in the SY 2022-2023 RQA; provided that said applicants should have expressed their intent to apply in SY 2022-2023 by submitting the following:
1) Letter of Intent in accordance with the SDO’s Call for Applications; and
2) Updated credentials and application documents, if any.
f. The points earned by the teacher applicants in the previous year’s RQA may be honored, unless they have presented new documents to update their points.
3. For further queries and clarifications, please contact the Bureau of Human Resource and Organizational Development-Human Resource Development Division, Department of Education Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City through email at [email protected] or at telephone number (02) 8470-6630.